Saturday, March 3, 2007

Book two: I Only Have Fangs for You

I Only Have Fangs for You (2006)
Kathy Love

Rating: 3.25/5
[Re-reading]

I must have been in the mood for vampires or third books in series* or something this week. This is also a re-read.

I can’t say that the plot is complicated, but the premise is interesting. The idea of the extremist vampire organisation trying to stop vampires hurting people is both intriguing and funny.

I think that Love does a great job of taking all the good elements of contemporary romance and mixing in the paranormal. It is well written, sweet, funny, and the characters are actually likeable.

I know this shouldn’t be surprising, but with so many books that try to do the “funny” side of vampires, the characters usually spend half the book complaining, or obsessing about designer shoes. And I end up hating them and their self-centredness. Not so here.

While searching for a pretty picture of the cover, I found out that there will be another book in the series, My Sister is a Werewolf to be published in July 2007.



* I haven’t actually read the second book in this series, Fangs but no Fangs, because I couldn’t get it at the bookshop, but I have ordered it from Amazon. I decided I would skip ahead and read this anyway, on the strength of the first, Fangs for the Memories.

No comments: