Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Book nine: A Hunger Like No Other

A Hunger Like No Other
Kresley Cole

Rating: 2.75/5
[re-reading]

I don’t know what it is about deadlines at work and impending wisdom teeth removal, but for some reason its been all about the vampires lately. Well, I guess this one is only a quarter vampire. Whatever.

Good news is I finished the last document that is due while I'm away today! Yay! Bad news is I still have to get my stupid wisdom teeth out on Friday.

I don’t like pain. I don’t like needles. I don’t like not being able to eat solid food.

Something tells me this isn't going to go well.

On the upside, I don’t have to go to work for a week and I have bought plenty of books to comfort me. (Combined with my birthday I had a very good excuse for excessive Amazon purchases.)

Anyway, back to this book: it is the first in a series (shocking, I know). The series is called Immortals after Dark*, the third instalment of which, Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night, is to be published in November of this year.

The one thing I don’t get about this series is the overly crappy covers** and titles. I mean, come on, even a cute tie-in is better than this. Who exactly does the publisher think they are appealing to? I saw this book at least a dozen times and didn’t feel compelled to even pick it up to read the back until someone recommended it.

So, yeah. Bottom line: very bad marketing, alright book.



* Although, I got that from the authors website. It isn’t indicated anywhere on the book. It might be on the second, but I couldn’t be bothered to go upstairs and check.

* For example, in this one, he’s not even the freaking vampire. She is.

I know it’s unlikely that people who design the cover even read the blurb, let alone the book. But come on, that’s pretty basic, right? He = werewolf. She = part vampire thing. Easy.

No comments: