Friday, March 23, 2007

Book twelve: When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys

When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys* (2006)
Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy, and HelenKay Dimon

Rating: 1/5

Meh.

That’s really all I have to say about this book.

This is one of those Brava Romance anthologies, I don’t know why I thought it would be good, I just thought that novella length would be all the concentration span I would have right now.

I tried to read the first story the night before I had my wisdom removed, but I just couldn’t get into it. I went back and finished reading it today, but I didn’t really grow on me at all. I’d never read anything by Lori Foster before, and I just have to say her characters were boring, or I don’t know, too stereotypical or something. And the age gap was gross. What 21 year old wants a 35 year old? I don’t care how mature and independent you tell me she is, its gross. And should probably be illegal.

The second story, by Erin McCarthy was actually okay. A little funny, not really much of a plot or anything, but it was only 80 pages or so. I actually read all of this one. Shocking.

The last story by HelenKay Dimon was confusing and annoying. Maybe I was just tired when I read it, but most of the time I couldn’t work out what was going on, or why the characters were saying or doing the things they were saying and doing. It just didn’t make sense. They were deeply annoying to me.

Okay, I admit it, I didn’t read all of it.

Bite me. (At least you can chew).



* Finished on Sunday, 18/3.

No comments: