Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Book six: Crescent Moon

Crescent Moon (2006)
Lori Handeland


Rating: 2.25/5

I liked this book. Even though I had accidentally read one later in the series* (Rising Moon), so kind of knew what was going on, it was still interesting. I did spend most of my time trying to remember what had happened in the other one, but it was entertaining never-the-less.

One thing that stood out about this was that had a more investigative bent them most novels in this genre.

Although, I must admit I do sometimes get bored when books are all “talk, talk, talk.” You know, the main character meets and talks to this person, finds a clue, then talks to another person, finds a clue. Blah, blah.

But I definitely prefer this to the “oh look mystery solved!” approach some novels take.


The characters were also likeable. (Thank God after the last book on The List).

I think there is another of her books lying around in a bookshelf somewhere. I will have to read it soon.





* I’m still not entirely sure what the correct order is for the other books in the series. It is pretty confusing. On her website they all seem to be one series, but I’ve seen them elsewhere as two?

Hmm, if it is all one series that means this book is also in the middle. Well done me!

No comments: