Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Book two-thirty-three: Whispers of the Night

Whispers of the Night (2006)
Lydia Joyce


Rating: 1/5

This is the first book I have read by Lydia Joyce. I had hear a lot of really good things about her, but this was disappointing. The worse thing is, the writing was really good. I liked her style and everything. I just didn’t like the heroine and the second half of the book where they are captured and escape and are capture and escape and are capture and escape and are captured and so on.

So, I guess I didn’t like the plot, but the writing was good. I’d read another of her books and hope there are no rebels involved.

When four London seasons fail to find her a suitable match, Alcyone Carter does the unthinkable and treks across Europe to marry a foreign nobleman she's never met. But on her wedding night, she discovers her handsome, enigmatic husband is not the man he claimed to be. Rather than live a lie, she escapes his estate into the darkness. But her husband-ignited by his desire and pride-risks everything to follow her from the depths of the Romanian forests into the decadent heart of Istanbul, where they're forced to confront the sensual passion they've discovered-and the dire threat that could cost them both their lives.



Finished: Friday 21/12

No comments: