Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Book two-fifty-six: An Affair Before Christmas

An Affair Before Christmas (2007)
Eloisa James


Rating: 4.5/5

Darn. Now I really really want to know what’s going to happen at that house party or the ball that was going on in the last chapter for that matter.

I really enjoyed this. I now love Villers just as I suspected I would. I think he will grow on me even more in books to come. I still don’t particularly like Charlotte, but I’m not as “why the hell am I reading about her for?” when stuff is written from her point of view. In the first book, it seemed a bit out of left field, but now you can see where she fits a bit better.

Speaking of not liking people that much, Harriet is another one on my lukewarm list. She is also seems to be one of the main characters in the next book (though can you ever really tell?), so hopefully she will also become more interesting.

One spectacular Christmas, Lady Perdita Selby, known to her friends and family as Poppy, met the man she thought she would love forever. The devilishly attractive Duke of Fletcher was the perfect match for the innocent, breathtakingly beautiful young Englishwoman, and theirs was the most romantic wedding she had ever seen. Four years later, Poppy and the Duke have become the toast of the ton... but behind closed doors it seems the spark of their love affair has burnt out.Unwilling to lose the woman he still lusts after, the duke is determined to win back his beguiling brides delectable affections . . . and surpass the heady days of first love with a truly sinful seduction.





Finished: Saturday 12/1/08

No comments: