Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Book two-hundred-and-twenty-eight: Another One Bites the Dust

Another One Bites the Dust (2007)
Jennifer Rardin


Rating: 2/5

I found this confusing at times, the way it jumps around from the present, back to five minutes ago, then you see the last five minutes, and what-do-you-know, it’s the present again.

I hate when that happens.

I like linear.

Also, there are waaaaaaay too many main characters in this book. Yes, there is only one narrator, but I feel like that bus is way over crowded.

And I am the only who thinks it’s unrealistic that the private detective is now working for the government with them? Should he have to undergo at least some kind of basic training?

But it is a team of coincidences I guess. Jaz meet the computer geek in college, they meet the psychic in the last book, ditto for the private investigator, and the vampire requested to work with her for personal reasons.

Nepotism is definitely not dead in this world, that’s for sure.

I’m not sure what’s going to happen with this series. If a bit more character development could occur, I’d be much happier with it.

In their latest mission, Jaz and Vayl are sent to kill an ancient Chinese vamp who’s stolen a vital piece of biotechnology. The catch? They’re undercover as street performers…and Jaz has to bellydance.



Finished: Sunday 16/12

No comments: