Monday, January 7, 2008

Book two-hundred-and-fourteen: Pleasure for Pleasure

Pleasure for Pleasure (2006)
Eloisa James


Rating; 4/5
[Re-reading]

I love Josie. I love this book… actually, I seem to have liked it more than the first time I read it. I am way too fickle and subjective to be allowed to give ratings.

Pleasure for Pleasure's heroine, Josephine Essex, is quick of wit and lush with unfashionable curves. Nicknamed “The Scottish Sausage” within a week of her debut on the marriage market, her chances of matrimony look dim.

So Josie does what no proper young lady should – she challenges fate. She allows the scandalous Earl of Mayne to take her under his tutelage, discards her corset and flirts outrageously…Shakespeare 's play title, Measure for Measure, refers to a person receiving the punishment they deserve. In this novel, Josie gives precisely what she deserves: Pleasure for Pleasure.



Finished: Monday 3/12


No comments: