Monday, January 7, 2008

Book two-hundred-and-thirteen: Taken by the Night

Taken by the Night (2007)
Kathryn Smith


Rating: 2/5

I like Kathryn Smith’s heroines. Mostly because they are hardly ever annoying or flighty. I also liked that the hero said “okay, fine, I’ll help you. But maybe you should wait here while I investigate using my supernatural powers.”

And she said “Sure, I’ll hang here at the brothel, you go about your business. But later, when you’re in trouble, I’ll come rescue you, okay?”

And he said “I look forward to it. That’s a lot more interesting than you sneaking out to try and investigate on your own in a wilful act of defiance that leads to you getting into some kind of trouble, meaning I have to suspend the investigation while I save you.”

“Good. I’m glad we agree and you treat me as an equal. Oh, did you remember to get some blood before you left?”

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. TTFN.”

Saint came to London looking for a little rest, blood, and maybe some feminine company. He never wanted to avenge the murders of two prostitutes, and he certainly never asked for the censure he sees in Ivy Dearing's eyes. Though, the desire he sees there awakens a hunger inside him unlike any he has ever known. He is not the only man taken in by Ivy's considerable charms, but he plans to be the only man in her bed. And when the madman he's hunting turns his attention toward Ivy, Saint will risk everything – even his immortality – to save the woman he loves.



Finished: Saturday 2/12


No comments: