Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Book two-sixty-seven: Lady Killer

Lady Killer (2002)
Michelle Jaffe


This is the scariest book I’ve read in ages. I don’t like books about serial killers.

Rabid vampires, sure. Psychopathic werewolves, why not. Maniacal zombies intent on eating the brains of innocent bystanders, may be.

Normal human killing other humans, no thank you.

I don’t know why the paranormal twist make it less scary/gory to read about. May be because its just that – para, not normal.

This freaked me out completely. In a sleep with the lights on, wake people up to talk to me until I fall asleep kind of way.

It was well written, though I could have done without a few of the plot twists at the end. They just seemed to keep going and going.

Another thing is the foreshadowing at the end of almost every chapter. It left me constantly on edge. Which was probably the point.

Three years ago Miles Loredan believed he had killed the bloodthirsty fiend known as the Vampire of London. When a beautiful sleuth named Clio Thornton stumbles upon what can only be the Vampire's latest victim, Miles is drawn into a terrifying race against the clock. Captivated at once by intelligent, lovely Clio, his first impulse is to protect her. And every clue points to the Vampire's next victim: Clio herself.





Finished: Sunday 20/1/08

No comments: