Sunday, September 30, 2007

Book one-sixty-three: For the First Time

For the First Time (2003)
Kathryn Smith


Rating: 2.75/5

Quite good.

Except I didn’t like how some of the stuff towards the end played out. I was surprised how easily she (well, they all) forgave Carny for it. I would have had him arrested. Seriously, he should have been.

I think this is the second in a series. I haven’t read the first, but you can’t really tell.

Devlin Ryland returned from Waterloo a celebrated war hero, but he would rather forget the war and all the things he did in the name of duty. Blythe Christian knows all too well the things men are capable of in war – like betraying their betrothed. While neither can deny the attraction between them, both must learn to trust again, Devlin with his secrets and Blythe with her heart. Only then will either of them know the healing power of love.



Finished: Thursday 13/9

No comments: