Sunday, September 30, 2007

Book one-seventy-five: Wicked Deed’s on a Winter’s Night

Wicked Deed’s on a Winter’s Night (2007)
Kresley Cole


Rating: 4/5

I was looking around for a cheaper price for this other book I wanted to read - An Ice Cold Grave - when I stumbled across and ebook store that had this featured.

I didn’t even know it was out yet. I don’t think it is, actually. Or at least not the print version.

It was very good. I really enjoyed it.

I thought Mari was a great heroine. She was smart, independent and she didn’t complain. Shocking!

Also, Bowen is great.

It’s all great.

Hmm, now I feel like reading it again.

This is now officially my favourite paranormal romance series. Apologies to JR Ward, but that’s just the way it has to be I’m afraid.

The next one is out in May, Dark Needs at Night’s Edge. Its about Conrad one of the Wroth brothers. Oh, and it seems there is also a short story in Feburary of next year, in a collection call Not That Innocent about Daniela and Murdoch. Oh good, I’ve been wanted to read about them.

Thank goodness this series is back on a faster schedule. A year was too long to wait.

Her breathless kiss haunts him.

Bowen MacRieve of the Lykae clan was nearly destroyed when he lost the one woman meant for him. The ruthless warrior grew even colder, never taking another to his bed—until a smoldering encounter with his enemy, Mariketa the Awaited, reawakens his darkest desires. When sinister forces unite against her, the Highlander finds himself using all his strength and skill to keep her alive.

His slow, hot touch is irresistible.

Temporarily stripped of her powers, Mari is forced to take refuge with her sworn adversary. It’s rumored that no one can tempt Bowen’s hardened heart, but soon passion burns between them. Though a future together is impossible, she fears he has no intention of letting her go.

No deed is too wicked for her seduction.

If they defeat the evil that surrounds them, can Mari deny Bowen when he demands her body and soul—or will she risk everything for her fierce protector?




Finished: Thursday 27/9

No comments: