Monday, July 9, 2007

Book seventy-five: Heaven, Texas

Heaven, Texas (1995)
Susan Elizabeth Phillips


Rating: 2/5

I have to admit that I am always disappointed by Susan Elizabeth Phillip’s books. None of them have been as good as the first I read, Ain’t She Sweet, which is sweet, witty and not obsessed with football.

That being said, this is alright. Though “Bobby Tom” could do with a few hard slaps. He would be the better for it. Plus, I had to stop myself from reading any clothing descriptions. It was too traumatising otherwise.

Gracie Snow is determined to track down the legendary Bobby Denton and drag him back home to Heaven, Texas, to begin shooting his first motion picture. But despite his good looks and killer charm, Bobby has reservations about being movie star - and no plans to cooperate with bossy little Gracie, whom he can't get off his mind or out of his life.




Finished: Tuesday 19/6

No comments: