Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Book ninety-one: This Lullaby

This Lullaby (2002)
Sarah Dessen


Rating: 1.75/5

I found this really disappointing. Probably only because everyone always goes on and on about how great it is.

I just didn’t like the main character. I thought she was mean; I just never really cared what happened to her, although I found the other characters interesting, I wasn’t that invested in whether or not she got hurt. I didn’t like watching her hurt the other characters, though.

Maybe that’s why I didn’t like it. If I had read it from the point of view of one of the characters I actually had empathy for, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Love is a sham. At least that's what Remy thinks. Until Dexter comes crashing into her life...Can he change her mind? Remy is a cynic when it comes to love. Let down by her absent musician dad and witness to her mother's four failed marriages, she doesn't intend ever to let anyone that close. So when Dexter comes crashing into her life, why is it suddenly so hard for Remy to follow her own rules? He's everything she hates: messy, disorganised, impulsive, and worst of all, a musician like her absent father...



Finished: Monday 2/6

No comments: