Friday, November 23, 2007

Book one-ninety-seven: The Boyfriend List

The Boyfriend List (2005)
E. Lockhart


Rating: 4/5

Very funny and very good. And somehow, for a non-linear story, if flows really, really well.

WHAT HAPPENED, YOU WANT TO KNOW?

In the same ten days I --
lost my boyfriend (boy #13)
lost my best friend
lost all my other friends
learned gory details about my now-ex boyfriend's sexual adventures
did something shockingly advanced with boy #15
did something suspicious with boy #10
had an argument with boy #14
drank my first beergot caught by my mom
lost a lacrosse game
failed a math test
hurt Meghan's feelings
became a leper
and became a famous slut.

Enough to give anyone panic attacks, right?

I was so overwhelmed by the horror of the whole debacle that I had to skip school for a day to read mystery novels, cry, and eat spearmint jelly candies.





Finished: Sunday 4/11

No comments: