Sunday, April 29, 2007

Book thirty-five: The Marriage Bed

The Marriage Bed* (2005)
Laura Lee Guhrke


Rating: 2.25/5

This is a pretty good historical. The plot is a little more original than what I have read lately and it has some good dialogue.


Although they have been married for eight years, John Hammond and his wife Viola have not seen each other for over a year. Until John’s cousin and his son – his heirs – die and force him to have his own. With his wife who refuses to be in the same room as him.

It was interesting finding out what happened to create this situation. But I do think that John’s a bit of a bastard for a bit too much of the book. He doesn’t seem to understanding why she’s angry at him. This annoyed me. But I got over it enough to enjoy the book anyway.

It had good angst and they were both likeable in their own way, I suppose.



* Finished 25/4

No comments: